ENGAGE YOUR FANS: Ways to get fans to like and comment.
- Post material they can comment on. Ask a question. Often questions of opinion get the best response. For example: Do you prefer shorts or skirts? Do you like pink or teal for summer? Do you like fabric A or fabric B? Do you like photo prop A or photo prop B? What is the average price you will pay for a dress/photo shoot/fill in the blank. These questions will also help you get to know your fans so you can turn them into buyers.
- Do a mini giveaway for just your fans. Giveaways to gain new fans are great but how about making your current fans feel special for staying with you? And how about getting those fans that may not normally interact much to make a comment? Just because they don’t interact much or haven’t bought from you yet doesn’t mean they won’t later. KEEP THEM ENGAGED! It’s as simple as posting “Today I am having a fan appreciation giveaway to say thank you to all my fans that support my business! I am giving away a (fill in the blank). All you have to do is be a fan of my page and comment below that you are a fan. Please also share this post.” You can’t make people share but you can ask them nicely and most will. This gets your page more publicity.
- Have an auction. I am currently hosting an auction of all my spring inventory. I am working on a new collection so it’s time to make room. Maybe you have product sitting around you’d like to sell. An auction is a great way to move it. Pick an openig bid and raise minimum. My advice is to start with a low bid and do dollar raises. Your fans want a good deal so starting low will engage them. Your lowest bid should at least cover costs and go up from there. Have them leave their bid with their paypal address so at the end of the auction you can bill them. Also be sure to post about your auction several times to encourage fans to outbid each other. Here is my bid album to give you an example. https://www.facebook.com/kangacoodesigns?ref=hl#!/media/set/?set=a.10151565353971259.1073741830.355005206258&type=1
- Ask your fans to post photos wearing or using your product. When fans post pics wearing your goods or showing off your photos it sends a message to other fans that you have a great product! There is no better way to encourage sales than customer endorsement!
- MAKE IT EASY TO BUY You know that little about section below your Facebook photo? You know that little photo in the bottom left hand of your banner. Does it clearly state where to buy your product and include a link? If you sell only on Facebook does it say “See something you like? Comment on it with your paypal email address and we will make it and ship it to you.”
- MAKE IT EASIER TO BUY Even though I have a shop link on my page I always sell more when I post a photo and a price and ask people to leave their paypal email so I can bill them. People want quick and easy and since you sell clothing or photos which are impulse luxury buys you want to make the sell quick and easy while your buyer is in the moment. Try it. Example: Today only our butterfly skirt is only $30 (normally $45). Take advantage of this great price by leaving your paypal email and size(s) wanted below. offered in sizes…. shipping is $4 US. Then post a pic. For better coverage follow up with a plain text comment saying “Did you see our deal of the day? Look at our last post!” More people will see plain text posts so this gets your photo more views.
- POST PHOTOS OF NEW PRODUCTS WITH SHOP LINK OFTEN Out of sight out of mind is the truth. Are you posting photos of your goods on a regular basis? If not you can’t complain about low sales. You can’t expect people to know what you sell or visit your about section to find your shop. Facebook is for sharing information and interacting. So share and share often!