"Dear Fashion Business Mentor,
I have a great idea for a product but I don't know how to sketch and I don't know how to create a sample. Where do I start?
Sincerely, The Idea Maker"
Look here is the cold hard truth. EVERYONE has ideas. Many even have REALLY REALLY good ideas. But only about 1% have the drive to act on their ideas. Those are the entrepreneurs. These are the people that grow to own their own businesses and have employees instead of being employees. There is nothing wrong with being the employee by the way. If you are able to determine you have great creative ability but no interest in marketing or running your own company then you are ahead of the game. Leave those headaches to someone else and go work somewhere that allows you to be creative.
BUT KATIE TFBM (you say) I REALLY WANT TO RUN MY OWN BUSINESSES! Ok then here are some ways you can determine if you are up to being an entrepreneur.
- Entrepreneurs know that a product or service idea is just a start and they know how to edit their good ideas from bad ones.
- Entrepreneurs don't just think of ideas and share them. They think of ideas and keep those ideas under wraps as they implement them.
- Entrepreneurs wake up every day with action ideas. Ideas of how to turn a better profit, get their product in front of more people, redesign their product or expand their product line in a way that makes sense.
- Entrepreneurs know that they will get knocked down and things will get hard but still wake up daily with a drive to succeed and follow through.
- Entrepreneurs are "doers". They don't wait for someone to help them or teach them they act and they seek out answers themselves.
If you can say 4 out of 5 above describe you, congratulations you have what it takes to run your own business. If you honestly can say that not many of the above describe you don't dismay, just take your talent and do what you love at someone else's company.
I always love your feedback! Post it below in the comments.
Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org